Historical Photographs of Rickmansworth in Hertfordshire
The Bury, Rickmansworth c1865
The Bury was the Manor House of Rickmansworth until 1741.
It was originally a late 16th century timber framed double ended hall;
the main hall was rebuilt in red brick in the mid 17th century.
It was extended in the 1680's by John Fotherley (1622-1702/3), altered in the eighteen century
and restored in the 1890's by John Saunders Gilliat (1829-1912).
Published by Norman Lucey
© Copyright 2014, Norman Lucey.
All rights reserved.
This webpage created 15th August 2014