Historical Photographs of Rickmansworth in Hertfordshire
The Cedars, Rickmansworth c1870
The Cedars was built in 1865 for John Saunders Gilliat (1829-1912)
in a French renaissance style.
It was built on the site of a much smaller earlier house,
the residence of the publisher William Longman (1813-1877)
and was known as Chorleywood Place.
Published by Norman Lucey
© Copyright 2014, Norman Lucey.
All rights reserved.
This webpage created 15th August 2014