Historical Photographs of Rickmansworth in Hertfordshire
The Grove, near Watford 1870
Originally a late 16th century manor house called Grove Mills,
it was rebuilt about 1720 by Charles Buck,
then extensively altered in the 1750s
by the architect Matthew Brettingham (1699-1769) and
in 1780s with three stories by the architect Sir Robert Taylor (1714-1788)
for the 1st Earl of Clarendon.
It was altered and extended again 1870-1875
by the architect Edward Blore (1787-1879).
Published by Norman Lucey
© Copyright 2011, Norman Lucey.
All rights reserved.